Sunday, June 10, 2007

Getting Girly

So I have a friend who is getting married next weekend in Monterrey, California. I leave early Thursday morning and I just can't wait. Elisa used to live here in town and we'd get together every Monday night for 'girls night'. It was such a blessing for us both. We'd do a variety of things from shopping for a new blouse and blazer for a promotion that she was interviewing for, to drinks and treats, to finger painting and listening to music, to going for a drive while one of us was bitching and crying, or whatever the hell we felt like doing for that night. As long as we got to see each other to 'dish' and spill our guts out as we were growing into women with all of our girly insecurities still haunting us. It was a night we both looked forward to. And sometimes our other friend Jessica would join us if she wasn't traveling with her job. But alas, Elisa got a different kind of promotion and moved to San Francisco. That's been almost two years now and we still miss having our 'girls night'. Needless to say I am more than excited to see my friend again.
What's really cool is that two of our other girlfriends will be joining in on this trip. It's going to be one big girl fest. I've been on the hunt for the perfect dress for the occasion without going overboard, picking up some feminine-like tops, small purses and all that other girly stuff. Now I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes right now, but if you knew me, this is a big thing for me...I actually want to dress up a bit. I am such a jeans and t-shirt person. I love wearing my sandals this time of year. I'm fairly casual. Dressing appropriately for work is an effort for me. But this is a special occasion and I'm looking forward to getting away for a while, wearing something that makes me feel pretty and watch my girlfriend get married. There is just a certain vibe about this trip that makes me feel good all over. It will give me a good excuse for actually looking and feeling like a young woman. ( I guess you could call it an ego boost for myself) . So I am getting back in touch with my girly side and want to be a little fashion savy. I want to have a pedicure, put color back in my hair, wear some jewlry and look pretty again. It's like I am rediscovering my womanhood. Perhaps I'm growing up some more. And so to close this entry...I'm still learning about me. elizinashe

3 comments:

Lee said...

Ooo getting girly on us! I know the feeling...I actually put on make-up today....AND I bought a dress today too. How wierd is that.

I have gotten more girly myself...Nat and Dan kind of freak on me now...specially with Kenzie. They say I am making her a "bow head"....hrmmmm I think bows are okay as long as you aren't 20 yrs old and wearing them...what do you say?

elizinashe said...

hmm...didn't we have a conversation a long time ago saying that our children would be toatlly preppy and everything opposite that we were??? don't over do it though, we do have to teach the girls how to spit out of a 3rd story window!!!
and get your girly on!!! wear that lipstick and get your nails done!! I love you!!! eliz

Lee said...

You made me actually laugh out loud with the "spitting out the 3rd floor window" comment. Hee hee!!