Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Post Vacation Blahs

I've been feeling kinda blue lately. I call it the post-vacation blahs. It's back to work and back to coming home alone. I've missed having my friends here. I wish we could all live closer. Or have more money to travel more often!! Ah, the dream life. I do have friends here, don't get me wrong...but my really super close friends are all spread out and live far away. It's just really hard to meet good people sometimes. And being that I have changed my working habits, my paycheck is rather small compared to the money I brought home from the bar and therefore can't afford to go out as often.
I really like my new endeavor but I worry about my finances like most people, and how I will pay for everything. And really, in order to meet new people, it sometimes costs extra money at some point. So I feel kind of trapped in a way. I would love to join a gym again. I keep my eye out for free drawings of gym memberships in hopes of getting lucky. If I could get out and exercise I'd feel better about myself and be able to think better, make better plans so to speak instead of mulling things over in my head all the time when I'm at home. It helps clearing out all the bugs in my head. The reciever on my stereo officially died a couple of months ago so I've been listening to my music on a single disc portable player that I am just really sick of. I miss my speaker system...a room full of music filling my body and soul. Man did that ever make me happy. I soo hate this little substitute of a stereo. And being that I'm trying to watch my pennies, I'm trying really, really hard not to go out and by a replacement. I have a dentist bill to pay first-yuk!!! It sucks not having insurance right now.
I had a week of fun, friends, over-eating, frequent drinking and buying trinkets and treasures. Now it's back to the real world. Poo!! I want to go back on vacation!! How do you get your
mo-jo back when you've been away having fun?? Suggestions anyone??
I've got two more shifts to work and a training class on Friday and then I will be free until Sunday. The weather has been nice lately so maybe I'll go for a hike or something. Getting out in the woods was always theraputic for me, especially when I find a waterfall. There is just something about water that soothes my soul. That would be a good hit for me to do. Hike. Water. Breathe.
So until next time my readers, who ever you may be...have safe travels and many blessings!!
elizinashe

2 comments:

Lee said...

Sorry you are feeling blah! I wish I was closer to help ya feel better.

Go and see about buying the display unit reciever....they will sometimes sell you those cheap...

A hike sounds good. I have a pic I want to scan for you...it's from the day I came to see you and we went up in the Mountains and hiked down to where all those blueberries were...

I liked all your answeres to your interview questions. I think it's hilarious about the whole squire thing with your dad.

Miss you!

Lee

elizinashe said...

Hey woman!!

Good questions!! It's funny how what we think is fancy and untouchable as children...I still would like to meet a squire though!! I guess I want to feel entitled somehow :)
I think a new reciever is a must have, can't tolerate my substitue much longer...ugh!! Have a good vacation!! I'll be looking forward to your post when you get back!! I love you!! eliz