Thursday, June 7, 2007

My New Boyfriend Blog






I love that I have created my own blog. It's like a new boyfriend. I must give credit to my college roomie as she is the one who inspired me to follow in her footsteps and make one for myself. She's always been more computer savy than I and way more of a creative writer than I am but nonetheless, I saw her page and thought, 'hey, how do I do that?' I knew that this was something that I wanted to do for me, and have some sort of an audience in an annonymous sort of way. I was growing tired of my journal and needed another source of inspiration. So now I have made my own little blog page, a 'new boyfriend 'if you will, that I can shape and mold the way I want, something that I look forward to spending time with and a place to share my feelings and insecurities and feel good about the end results. For the last few days I've just looked up my blog page just to look at it. It really is quite lovely I think, of course I am a little biased. But it is a lovely pinkish page with a wonderful picture of some nuns with beer on the table and a random old man in the background. It looks like they were having a great time. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at that party. If I can find a way of putting something 'sparkly' to put on my background I'd do it, being that I have always liked glittery kinds of things. It's just add more festivity to the occasion. I usually look up my blog before and even after my working day as it always brings a smile on my face. my own little blog. I feel so proud of myself, corny I know but it's just so cool. I stayed up late one night scanning some old pictures so that I can post them on my page when I feel the need. My mind is just abuzz of stuff I want to put on my postings. It's my new obsession and a healthy one at that I guess...almost better than a 'real boyfriend'. Can't wait until my next 'date'.

elizinashe

6 comments:

Lee said...

Thanks for the props! You know I love you. You are such a goof! This blog does not take the place of a good boyfriend nor does it substitute for quota. I just want to make sure you know this and remember this and don't try to fool yourself into thinking otherwise. AND...you need to come and visit me.

Lee

elizinashe said...

yeah I know...having a real boyfriend is always exciting but the eligable pool of stable guys are hard to find. I don't even know what quota is anymore....enough on that. let me know about the Dave show in August. I'll email you more later!! love to you! eliz

elizinashe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernie said...

Welcome to the blog world. I'm one of Lee's regular readers and I found yours mentioned on hers.

The Asheville mention caught my attention. I visited your town in April for the first time and loved it (and raved about it on my blog). What's it like living there? My wife and I are thinking about it for the future.

Enjoy blogging!!

elizinashe said...

hello bernie and thanks for reading my blog!!! welcome!! Asheville is lovely!!! there is something for everybody, however the job market is a little tight depending on what you do career wise. It's a great place to live, real estate is a little high for the area but great to invest in. whatever you need to know I could probably tell you!!It's a pretty cool place for kids also. let me know if you need any info. eliz

Bernie said...

I've heard the job market is tight there, especially in my line of work (media, mostly radio). And I was surprised by real estate prices relative to the population size of the area. Of course my favorite neighborhoods so far (Beaver Lake and Town Mountain) seem to be even more expensive than the norm. But I'm in no hurry - just thinking ahead.

If you don't mind, I'll keep in touch with you and ask more questions later.

And thanks for dropping by my blog.