Saturday, June 23, 2007

Questions

Okay so my college roomie and some of her blog friends have been passing on a series of interview questions that one author asks another author and they have to post their answers on their blog page. Being that I just got back from a wedding trip, complete with a bachelorette party with my own series of questions for all the girls, I should be well seasoned. It's funny how some of the questions I had for the girls are similar to the questions that have been floating around in the blog world. I did not read my questions or anybody else's questions until I got back from my trip. Must have been some vibe going on somewhere. So here it goes....

1. As a child, what was your favorite storybook and why?

The first one that comes to mind is Black Beauty. The one that I remember was a short version but it had lots of colorful pictures and of course 'Beauty' bold and beautiful on the front cover. I was just drawn to that story. I think it was because it was set in the English countryside which sounded sooo dreamy to me. Rolling hills, big houses, big dinner parties and lots of people spending the weekend at your retreat. I remember asking my dad what a 'squire' was,(dad was usually the one who read me that story), and thinking how important and smart a 'squire' must be and would I ever get to meet one?? It was like meeting a famous person or something. I think it was the lavish lifestyle that was surrounded by the horse world and I wanted to be a part of that. I guess I was already thinking 'over the top' at that age. I don't even remember how the story really goes or even ends now that I've grown up. Gee, where does our memory go???

2. If you could go back in time for one day, where would you go and why??

Wow, there are about two time periods that I've always liked. One the 'Roaring Twenties' and two the last Tzar and Tzarina of Russia before they were executed and their country went all to hell. I bet Rasputin was one creepy character!! But if it were just for ONE DAY, I think I'd like to go to Vegas back when the Rat Pack was doing their thing on stage. That must have been one helluva show watching those cats drink and play for an audience without a care in the world. They were pretty much pickled from the start so I can only imagine how the night evolved into one big frat party. That would have been pretty cool. And I could wear something really lavish and sparkly, as the ladies did dress in those days, with big, poofy hair, opera gloves and my cigarette holder!! How fun would that be??

3. You're granted the superpower of your choice. What do you choose and why?

I think it would have to be flying. I can remember as a child when we would visit my grandparents in North Carolina we'd always go into the mountains for a picnic and just some family time. The drive was always beautiful and full of twisty and sometimes steep roads surrounded by endless peaks and valleys of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I would often stare out the window and wonder how do you get to that big mountain over there and what's on the other side?? I wanted to know what was beyond my reach. I thought it would be really cool just to be able to pick up and fly like a bird, fly over to whatever mountain peak you see and land on the ground and go explore all that was around you. And when I was done, then I could fly off to another mountain peak and walk all over that exploring. Whatever was out that window and beyond my reach either by foot or by car, I just wanted to pick up and fly over to it. I knew at a young age that there was sooo much land that has been untouched by man and I wanted to take the first peek. I wondered what kind of animals were around, what color was the dirt, were there flowers and really cold streams? Was there some old mountain man living in the woods somewhere in some sort of cave??? My mind was just full of curiosities...I still have those curious thoughts whenever I'm driving around these mountains. I still want to be able to pick up and fly so that I may explore what's around me.

4. If someone was to make a movie of your life, who would you want to play you?

Wow, this one is tough. Most of the actors I like are way older than me...there isn't anyone in the younger generation that has really impressed me lately. Mmm..I have to think a bit one this one. Although I do like Anna Paquinn. I haven't seen her in alot of stuff lately but what I have seen it smart, versatile and a solid performance. She's a pretty cool chic I guess, she did play Rouge afterall!!!

5. You can invite five living people to meet for dinner. Who would you choose?

First I think I'd have invite my friend Elisa. She is such a wonderful spirit and has grown into such a strong and intelligent woman that I almost envy her. I love her to pieces and she always inspires me in some fashion to challenge myself. She's one of those people when she walks into a room it just becomes a happier place. Plus she's got a wonderful laugh and a twisted sense of humor!!

Then I'd invite my mom's friend Nancy. Now she truly is a wonderful spirit despite all the turmoils in her life. And believe you me she's had plenty of them!! She has her good days and her bad days just like anyone else. She's not immune to depression and crying fits. But still, she manages to keep her creative spirit alive, always has a funny story to tell or has taken in a homeless animal and is just down to earth period. She's a wise old spirit and I feel a great kinship with her. She's another person who inspires me to keep my chin up no matter what.

Next I think I'd invite Anthony Hopkins. I think he's one of those super modest people who is super freakin' smart. Well read, well cultured, well travelled and he can play the piano!!! He must have lots and lots of stories to tell!!! I would love to sit up all night eating and drinking with him and play our favorite piano pieces. Although I know he is way better than I am, but still it certainly is fun to get together with another pianist and gab about who your favorite composer is and what your favorite songs are and what songs you would love to play but can never quite accomplish to master. I think he'd be pretty cool to have around.

Then there's Bob. My super-genius friend who is a bit crazy. Bob is just a really neat person to be around. He's super smart, kind, respectful, really quite essentric and has a wonderful twisted sense of humor. We've had some really ridiculous converations and some really over-the-top momments. Bob has his own downfalls, he's not perfect but I have learned to accept those bad quirks because what it boils down for me is all the good stuff I see about him outweighs the negative. He's been a really good friend to me and saw me through some of my dark days when I was going through some rough waters. He still treated me with unconditional friendship. Bob will always have a gold star in my book.

So now we are to number five. Hmmm...living people right? There is an author by the name of SARK that I think is just wonderful. She has shared her life's struggles and passions in her books for all to read. She's another one of those 'artsy' people who inspire me. She's hard to explain in a way until you read some of her stuff. She's wildly creative and it's taken her along time to finally be in a happy place in her life. I just want to stay up all night with her painting and talk about all of our girly and family struggles. Like I said, you just have to read one of her books to understand what I'm talking about. Look up "Succulent Wild Woman". It's a quick read and very nourishing for the soul.

So there were my five questions. Are your eyes tired?? And so to keep this interview thing going ...
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me"
2. I will respond by asking you five questions of my choice.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions of your choice.

Happy Reading!!! elizinashe

No comments: