Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Recovering from the Red Eye



Okay, so I finally made it back from my girly weekend to my humble digs and my two kitties, Hecubus and Gavin, and some warm sticky weather compared to the sunny 70s and cool ocean breezes. It was colder in Monterey than it was here which was a nice change, not that it's unbearable here or anything but it was a refreshing change nonetheless. I will make this a quick post, or at least I will attempt to, I am quite tired right now. We were all on the fast track to pack in as much quality time as possible with the bride and groom, their family, our extended friends and do some sight-seeing before catching a 10pm flight Monday in order to get back home for work on Wed. We did alot in a short amount of time and for 3 women to share a room we got along fabulously!! We all had a lovely time and I feel so very, very blessed to have been in such a relaxing part of our country and watch my friends get married in front of their ecclectic families and friends. I am still on the vacation high and very tired at the same time. I hope to return to that area many times over...I threw lots of pennies in alot of 'wishing wells' if you know what I mean.

I will close this post for the time being. I have many pictures to develop and stories to write and many clothes to wash...yuk. I think my favorite treasure that I found souvinir wise was this picture of this elephant seal that I bought from a local photographer that had his tent set up at some sort of market that had other vendors and some bands playing on our last day. We went to explore the Fisherman's Wharf area and Cannery Row which was pretty cool, but I came across this photo and just had to have it. There was something about this picture that I couldn't pass up. It was as if this elephant seal was flirting with the camera. I find him very handsome and the photographer was very good at capturing that momment. I hope you can see what I am talking about, that is if I can post this photo correctly!!! Ha-ha!! Hope you enjoy!!!! eliz

No comments: