Monday, March 17, 2008

Procrastination

Procrastination. Such an ugly word. (And being labeled as a 'procrastinator' doesn't shed a good light on your person.) The act of putting duties off to the side as if they didn't exist is soo easy to do and highly unproductive. Such a lazy habit to fall into. And yet, we have all practiced the art of procrastination. I think it's quite contagious. There should be a pill for that don't ya think? I fully believe that we all deserve a day of laziness and some downtime, however that can be an easy trap that becomes a habit. Ew! I used to be so productive in my work-week, but as I get older, I find myself being lazier than need be. I hate that. Is this a part of the normal 'aging process'?
I'd rather eat chocolate and have a glass of wine instead of exercising. I'd rather write and fart around on my computer than study. I'd rather eat out than cook.( but that's rooted in my ridiculously small kitchen.) I'd rather check out the dollar bin and the clearance rack at Target than clean the bathroom. I'd rather travel and see my girls than work, but that's a big pipe dream... I'd rather keep blogging than do the sink full of dishes that awaits me. How do you make it stop? I know I'm not the only one. I'd like to know how badly others procrastinate so that I don't feel so bad about procrastinating myself. Anyone know of an elixor to 'cure' me of this ailment? Looking to be more productive, elizinashe :)

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I'm very organized in my head, but my desk is a mess. I'd prefer to do just about anything to put off straightening my desk ... or I should say deskS because my work desk and my home office desk are both a mess.

Embarrassment is a partial cure for this. I am embarrassed when people see my desk at work, so I force myself to straighten it out every month or so.

I'm writing this in my home office and I should clean up the mess while I'm writing about it. But I think I'll just play another game of Solitaire. Oh wait, I think there is a CSI marathon on Spike TV. I'll clean tomorrow.

Elisa said...

I have dubbed myself the QUEEN of procrastination. I would love a magic potion that cured me of this rediculous ailment. However, I know that the only real cure is to get off of my butt or out of my head long enough to get something done. I envy those uber organized people that always seem to accomplish so much. It is just another way that I beat myself up. So, today I wrote out seven thank you notes...I only accomplished one thing from my list. But, what the hell...I accomplished something! I think I'll give myself a little pat on the back and then take up my spot on the couch again :)
Love you!
E